It is important that you read this policy carefully as it contains important information about how Joining Jack uses your personal data. By accessing and continuing to use this site you agree to the terms of the policy. For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 and updated May 2018, Joining Jack is the data controller and responsible for the processing of your personal data.
In order to respond to your questions, fulfil your requests or manage bookings for the charity’s flagship fundraising events, it may be necessary to obtain personal data such as your:
- age and date of birth,
- membership of sporting clubs, groups and associations,
- contact details including your email address and telephone number
Whenever you enter one of the flagship fundraising events, Joining Jack will obtain your personal data. While all of the aforementioned personal data may not be required by Joining Jack, you may nonetheless volunteer such information at your discretion.
How Joining Jack uses your personal data
Joining Jack may use this personal data for a number of purposes, including:
- assisting the identification of you as a participator in an event
- responding to your requests, or to contact you via mail, email or phone to inform you of updates or changes to an event
- administration – if you place an order for a product, request a transfer or submit content to this Site, Joining Jack may need to contact you for additional information required to process or fulfil your order and/or request;
- fraud prevention and detection;
Marketing and Opting Out
When you register for an event Joining Jack, as the event organiser will ask you if you would like to kept updated on other flagship events which may be of interest to you. If you prefer not to receive any direct marketing communications from us, you can opt out at any time. See further ‘Your rights’ below.
Disclosure of Your Personal Data
We may disclose your personal data to:
- members of the medical profession in case of emergency
- Joining Jack will not disclose your personal data to any third party
Disclosure of Others' Personal Data
If you give Joining Jack information on behalf of someone else, you confirm that either you are that person’s parent or legal guardian or that the other person has appointed you to act on his/her behalf and has agreed that you can:
- give consent on his/her behalf to the processing of his or her personal data;
- receive on his/her behalf any data protection notices
Please note that while there are always risks associated with providing personal data, whether in person, by phone or over the internet, and no system of technology is completely safe, “tamper” or “hacker-proof”
As an organising charity Joining Jack does have site security measures in place to protect your personal data, implementing appropriate site security measures such as storing your personal data on secure servers and controlling your details by password and username. We endeavour to continually review these measures to prevent and minimise risks of unauthorised access to, improper use of, and also the accuracy of, your personal data. Joining Jack does not collect or handle any credit/debit card information on site. Payments are handled securely off-site by an external transaction processing company.
Joining Jack cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal data which is transferred from you or to you via the internet. Joining Jack may monitor or record communications with you (such as telephone conversations and emails) for the purpose of quality assurance, training, fraud prevention and compliance.
No information may be submitted to Joining Jack by persons under the age of 18 without the consent of a parent or legal guardian, nor may persons under the age of 18 make purchases without such consent, unless permitted by applicable legislation.
You have the right to require Joining Jack to correct any inaccuracies in your data free of charge. If you wish to exercise this right you should:
- put your request in writing
- provide us with enough information to identify you (e.g. account number, username, registration details); and
- specify the information that is incorrect and what it should be replaced with.
You also have the right to ask Joining Jack to stop processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. If you wish to exercise this right you should:
- put your request in writing (an email sent to joiningjack.org with a header that says ‘Unsubscribe’ is acceptable);
We may change this Policy, or change, modify or withdraw access to this Site, or the content of these pages at any time with or without notice. You should check this Policy occasionally to ensure that you are aware of the most recent version.
Our Contact Details
Joining Jack welcomes your feedback and questions. If you would like to get in touch please send an email to email@example.com or call 07876 860401